‘I Do’ (….want my dog at my wedding!)
The new trend for having your best friend be your best man, ring bearer or flower girl and as the old saying goes ‘a dog is for life not just for Christmas’, this might give you an indication as to how important mans best friend is nowadays. With more dog friendly cafes, coffee shops, restaurants, holidays and even cinemas popping up it will come to no surprise that on what is undoubtedly the most important day of your life you will want your best friend by your side.
Your dog is with you day in day out and plays a huge role in your family life for many years so it’s only natural to want to have them tag along on your wedding day too! Organising a wedding is no mean feat and takes months and months to get everything just as you want it and if you’re looking to bring your furry pet along to your ceremony we know how stressful it can be to make sure they are happy, fed, watered, exercised and taken care of both before and after the event.
If your four legged friend is the kind that would be happy to play a role in your wedding (you have to ask yourself do they mind big crowds? Are they well behaved? Do they get overwhelmed easily?) then the team at Salty Sea Dogs can help make this dream come true. We will meet you and your dog before the wedding and discuss the plans for the day, collect your pet from wherever is easiest for you, make sure they are looking and smelling their best! Bring them fed, watered and exercised to the wedding / photos or reception and return home or to our secure home from home boarding establishments. Everything is taken care of and you don’t have to worry about a thing!
So before you think it’s going to be impossible to have your best friend by your side then give us a call to discuss how we can help make all your dreams come true for your special day.
Doggy do’s and don’t at a wedding:
1) Overall make sure your pup is the kind that would be comfortable at an event like a wedding, they don’t mind large groups, lots of people and can be quiet when the time comes!
2) If you don’t think your best friend would enjoy the ceremony, there are after all sniffs to be had! Then they can still be a part of the day and join in with some post ceremony photos.
3) Clothes, everyone can agree that a puppy in a bow tie is cuter than no bow tie but if you are wanting to get some wedding clobber for your dog then make sure it fits properly, doesn’t make them too hot and doesn’t have any loose bits that can become a choking hazard. A simple matching collar or flower is more than enough to make them feel part of the day.
4) The photos, undoubtedly the most important part of the day and the part you want to get right as these will be a memory and part of your family for life, so a few weeks before the wedding get your pup used to posing in front of the camera or at least not get all shy when someone gets their phone out to take a picture of how cute they look!
5) Inform people, this includes the church or venue, the guests and the photographer, that way people won’t be surprised and can plan in advance if they need to take any tablets or medication.
#dogwedding #dogatweddings #ringbearer #dogweddingphotography #perfectweddingday